Additional Content Download
In this case study, Mark Atkinson, Coordinator Infrastructure Development at City of Greater Bendigo, shares the steps his team is using to prioritise the renewal of stormwater infrastructure and how they are using data capture techniques to maintain assets and improve service delivery for the local community.
What steps are local, state and government entities take to implement long-term asset management standards that are easy to use? And, more importantly, how will these standards create cost efficiencies and improve delivery of services to the public now and in the years to come?
Ahead of the 2nd Annual Public Sector Asset Management Summit 2017, we take a look how three different government organisations are approaching asset management in this exclusive eBook.
This article explores 7 key steps public sector organisations can take to ensure effective asset management and maintenance of assets in order to continue optimal service delivery to a growing population.
- The integration of asset management with organisational risk management.
- Improving asset lifecycle strategies and costing.
- Employee engagement in the midst of an organisational culture change program.
- Community engagement to ascertain desired and affordable levels of service.
In this presentation from Public Sector Asset Management 2017, Barry Ford, General Manager at Synergy discusses:
- Implementing gap analysis to understand where your organisation is at and determining how to approach changes in people, process and systems.
- The move towards a contemporary enterprise asset system and in parallel developing people to make better asset investment decisions.
- The importance of data integrity and visibility in improving asset performance and leveraging the new mobile technology.
In this presentation from Public Sector Asset Management 2017, Greg Ryan, Manager at Water Services Association of Australia discusses:
- How to efficiently communicate information and data with board executives to depict current trends with asset reliability against customer demands to gain support for operations.
- Creating a capital prioritisation strategy to demonstrate careful data-driven decisions on resource allocation to align with organisational and customer service goals.
- Evaluating your key performance indicators on assets and people to ensure you meet service and reliability expectations.