Manager of Strategic Planning System
School Infrastructure NSW
7:00 AM Exploring Opportunities to Create Time and Cost Efficiencies through Automated Systems, Tools and Data Analytics
Planning and monitoring systems are a clear way to decrease the time (and potentially money) spent on case by case planning and on tracking asset condition. However, once these systems are in place, there is a multitude of ways to get further value from them. School Infrastructure NSW’s School Planning Assistance Tool provides consistency for planners and helps to build the evidence based case for future development, while their asset monitoring system creates transparency by allowing stakeholders (including school principals) to see how the maintenance needs of their schools compare to others.
Enjoy Complimentary Breakfast Tea and Coffee while you learn to:
- Reassess your current asset monitoring and planning systems, to identify viable opportunities to create efficiencies.
- Refine ideas on use of data to maximize the value you gain from it.
- Review current procedures and identify opportunities for standardization and automation to create consistency.
New technology has the potential to drastically increase time and process efficiencies, as well as arming asset managers with entirely new capabilities. However, the initial investment in these tools can be deterring and the development process can be daunting. In this session, panellists involved in different areas of the asset management process, but with experience developing and using asset management tools, discuss the important considerations to keep in mind when considering this solution.
- The challenges in defining what a tool’s capabilities need to be.
- Describing the development process.
- Cost vs benefits. How do you justify the financial investment? And what are the challenges in implementing these new systems?
- Does your organization experience the silo-effect? How does that affect your asset management process?
- Is information on your assets readily available to all teams? What should be more transparent for improved efficiency?
- Which two teams involved in the management of your assets would benefit from increased collaboration? (e.g. asset performance and planning)