Associate Director of Operational Risk and Assurance – Digital Trust and Risk Group Information Technology
Transport for NSW
Transport for NSW (TFNSW) is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster with the purpose of leading the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system for the state of New South Wales. The Group IT branch plans, builds, runs and operates IT services and solutions for TFNSW and the Transport Cluster as a whole for common services. The IT Risk function within this branch is charged with developing and implementing cluster-wide IT risk strategies covering all IT infrastructure and assets. The cluster includes: NSW Trains, Sydney Trains, Rail Corporation, State Transit Authority, Roads and Maritime Services, Sydney Ferries and Transport for NSW. The IT Risk function is responsible for:
- Defining the respective IT infrastructure and security risks for TFNSW and the agencies.
- Working with the supplier risk functions to identify and mitigate risks.
- Ensuring fit for purpose risk and assurance controls for information technology, operational technologies and operational security.
- Strategies for staying on top of risk for functions that experience rapid change: identifying new areas of vulnerability and assessing the security risks of future technologies.
In this session we hear from panellists involved at various levels in the risk management of different classes of assets, as they discuss what they consider to be the important factors to account for and the different strategies to employ in identifying, managing and minimizing risk.
- Identifying areas of risk.
- The benefits of adhering to standards in minimizing risk, and when to go further.
- Strategies and systems for addressing risk.